Admission FAQ: International Degree Students
- Check if you are eligible to apply to NTU as an International Degree Student at https://oia.ntu.edu.tw/en/apply-at-ntu
- All International applicants who wish to pursue degree studies at NTU should apply through the Office of International Affairs (OIA). Please visit OIA’s website for eligibility, application requirements, scholarship information, and so on at https://oia.ntu.edu.tw/en/apply-at-ntu/degree-student/2022_sep_admission/2022_sep_admission_international_students_ch
- Application Requirements and Admission Quotas can be found at the following websites:
2021/2022 Application Requirements and Admission Quotas
1st Round: 2022/2023 Available Programs and Application Requirements
2nd Round: 2022/2023 Available Programs and Application Requirements
- “Admission Guidelines for International Degree Students” answers most of your questions on application fee, diploma, recommendation letters, financial statement, etc. Please read it before asking admission questions.
2021/2022 (2nd Semester) Admission Guidelines for International Degree Students
2022/2023 1st Semester Entry Admission Guidelines for International Degree Students
- General admission queries, such as online application system, application fees, academic transcripts, and so on, please read the Admission Guidelines first. If answers to your questions could not be found in the Guidelines, feel free to contact the Office of International Affairs at email@example.com.
- For specific questions about the Department of Civil Engineering, please write to Ms. Huai-Yin (Whyin) CHEN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To get a broad view of the Department of Civil Engineering, please visit our English website at https://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw/en/
- NTU takes international Ph.D. students in both the Spring and Fall semesters; some Master’s programs are open for application in both the Spring and Fall semesters; undergraduate students can only apply for the Fall intake.
- Please keep in mind that scholarships are always merit-based, limited, and competitive. Being offered the admission does not guarantee that a scholarship would be granted from NTU as well.
- NTUCE offers 2 undergraduate programs. Both of their study content and graduation requirements are the same. The only difference between them is the medium of instruction: one is in Chinese and the other in English.
- Language Requirements:
There are 2 sets of language requirements listed on the Requirements page. One is required by NTU; the other is required by the Department of Civil Engineering.
For our Department, we would like our students to provide a valid Certificate of English Proficiency if you are not from an English-speaking country or your previous degree was not taken from an English-speaking country.
If you can only provide a proof issued by your high school, we might have to verify your language ability before making a decision. Thus, you are free to attach the proof issued by your high school but encouraged to submit a Certificate of English Proficiency.
If the language that you use more fluently is English, please apply to the English-Taught Program.
- No transfer option is available for international degree students. If you wish to pursue studies at NTU, please apply for undergraduate admission. Once admitted, file the application for course exemption. Only courses that match or fulfill our curriculum requirements would be accepted.
- SAT score is not required by our Department, but you are free to upload any documents you deem suitable.
- The information for all Graduate Divisions in Civil Engineering could be found at https://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw/en/graduate-programs/
- You are encouraged to visit our English website, contact the professor(s) whose fields of study suit your interest or your needs. Once you introduce yourself to the tentative advisor(s) and tell him/her/them about your fields of interests or proposal, they might inspire you in some way, and that may give you a more concrete picture of what to aim for in your future studies. Link of the Department of Civil Engineering at NTU: https://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw/en/
- We do not have fixed restrictions for applicants to apply to certain divisions/programs. However, you might want to contact the professor(s) to see if you have enough prerequisites to study in that particular Program.
- The department will review the application only after applicants have successfully filed the application, and the admission decision will be made collectively and not by an individual professor.
- Ph.D. applicants should submit the e-copy of their thesis. If you are a current Master student who are still working on your thesis, please submit your thesis proposal or abstract, as you see fit.
- OIA Website Information: https://oia.ntu.edu.tw/en/prospective-students/scholarship
- There are at least 2 types of scholarships that you may want to apply: Government Scholarships and NTU Scholarships. You can apply for as many scholarships as possible and decide on which one to take before entering the University. Please note, Government Scholarships and University Admission are of different applications.
- Taiwan Scholarships:
Taiwan Scholarship is a collective government scholarship provided by different government agencies. In order to clarify the terms and conditions of the Scholarship, you need to find out which government agency will provide the Scholarship to people of your country. Thus, please contact the Taipei Representative Office in your country for Taiwan Scholarship application information. You are also welcome to visit the Scholarship information on NTU OIA’s website at https://oia.ntu.edu.tw/prospective-students/study-at-ntu-vvh9/scholarships
- NTU Scholarships Application:
You will be automatically included in the University scholarships’ applicants list simply by ticking on some boxes in the application form.
The University only provides accommodation for students and not for the whole family. The following page has information for international student accommodation: https://oia.ntu.edu.tw/en/prospective-students/accommodation-kk9o
Department of Civil Engineering
National Taiwan University
Add.: Room 205, Civil Engineering Department Building
……..No.1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, 10617 Taiwan