The Department of Civil Engineering at the National Taiwan University invites applications for tenure track faculty positions, including all levels of assistant, associate, and full professors. Applicants with expertise and research interests in one or more of the following areas are welcome.
Theoretical, Experimental, or Computational Mechanics of Solids and Structures; Engineering Material; Structural Engineering; Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Applications; Robotics for Construction Automation; Advanced Surveying and Geomatics. Potential candidates should demonstrate capability of carrying out interdisciplinary research and applications.
Intended starting date: August 1, 2020
Each applicant should hold a doctoral degree in civil engineering or a highly related field by the starting date and must provide the following materials:
- A cover letter;
- Application for Faculty Position Form (can be downloaded from the website);
- A curriculum vitae that states academic and work experience, expertise, list of publications, and possible courses to teach;
- A statement of research plans for the next five years (6 pages maximum);
- A copy of the official doctorate degree certificate, if available;
- A copy of the transcript of graduate studies (if applicants are applying for an assistant professor position);
- Contact information of 3 to 5 references;
- A list of publications;
- One representative technical paper published within five years before the intended starting date and at most five selected technical papers published within seven years before the intended starting date.
Applicants should submit an application package through postal service to Dr. Shang-Hsien Hsieh, Professor and Chairman, Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University, No. 1 Roosevelt Road Sec. 4, Taipei 10617, Taiwan. Electronic files of items 2, 7, and 8 in Word format and the rest in PDF should also be submitted to Mr. Danny Shen at email@example.com. The application deadline is December 15, 2019. For more information, please visit our website (http://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw).