The Department of Civil Engineering at the National Taiwan University invites applications for tenure track faculty positions, including all levels of assistant, associate, and full professors. Applicants with expertise and research interests in one or more of the following areas are welcome.
- Construction Engineering and Management: more consideration will be given to Augmented/Virtual reality visualization for construction and operation, Smart infrastructure systems and buildings, Sustainability in buildings and construction, Construction laws and international contracting, and Risk modeling in construction and financing.
- Transportation Engineering: Transportation engineering and planning; Transportation energy and intelligent transportation; Air transportation engineering and management.
Intended starting date: August 1, 2020
International applicants are encouraged to apply, as we are committed to cultivating future international leaders in both practice and academia. Currently, there are several funding opportunities and special allowances especially for junior faculties and established scholars from Taiwan’s Ministry of Science and Technology, such as the Yushan Scholar Program. The Department will assist our new faculties in winning these specific grants/allowances.
Each applicant should hold a doctoral degree in civil engineering or a highly related field by the starting date and must provide the following materials:
- A cover letter;
- Application for Faculty Position Form (can be downloaded from: http://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/01Form-of-Faculty-Applicants-Brief-Data.doc);
- A curriculum vitae that states academic and work experience, expertise, list of publications, and possible courses to teach;
- A statement of research plans for the next five years (6 pages maximum);
- A copy of the official doctorate degree certificate, if available;
- A copy of the transcript of graduate studies (if applicants are applying for an assistant professor position);
- Contact information of 3 to 5 references;
- A list of publications;
- One representative technical paper published within five years before the intended starting date and at most five selected technical papers published within seven years before the intended starting date (can be downloaded from: http://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/List-of-Publication-for-Reviewing.doc)
Applicants should submit an application package through postal service to Dr. Shang-Hsien Hsieh, Professor and Chairman, Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University, No. 1 Roosevelt Road Sec. 4, Taipei 10617, Taiwan. Electronic files of items 2, 7, and 8 in Word format and the rest in PDF should also be submitted to Mr. Danny Shen at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is February 2, 2020. For more information, please visit our website (http://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw/en/).