Co-instructors: Masatoshi Tomita, Szumien Mu, Ming-Yuan Liang and Hervé Capart.
Schedule: Wednesday A,B,C (18:25-21:05) + construction workshop during the winter break (dates to be announced).
This Fall semester 2022, students interested in wood structure design and construction are invited to enroll in a capstone course devoted to a wood structure project. For this project, preliminary designs were developed by students last semester, and the goal will be to develop these designs for actual construction. Working individually and in teams, participating students will pursue the following tasks:
1) Starting from the preliminary designs, develop improved designs for one or two small buildings.
2) Evolve the designs to take into account user needs, site constraints, and budget limitations.
3) Conduct structural checks using both scale model tests and structural analysis software.
4) Complete the detailed design of all building components.
5) Prepare plans for the fabrication of building components and their site assembly.
If the designs are sufficiently complete and the necessary budget can be secured, our goal will be to fabricate and build the structure during the winter break, during a two-week workshop that will also include the participation of local people.
To sign up: Interested students are invited to sign up for the course by sending an email to Prof. Capart (email@example.com), with the following information: Name, Student ID, Phone number, Email address. Students in their third year or above who sign up before 2022/8/31 will have priority.
授課老師 : 冨田匡俊、慕思勉、梁明垣、卡艾瑋
時間 : 星期三 A,B,C (18:25-21:05) + 寒假期間之工作營 (dates to be announced)
課程登記 : 感興趣的同學請向卡艾瑋教授 (hcapart@