Faculty Position Opening
The Department of Civil Engineering at the National Taiwan University invites applications for tenure track faculty positions, including all levels of assistant, associate, and full professors. Applicants with expertise and research interests in one or more of the following areas are welcome.
Theoretical, Experimental, or Computational Mechanics of Solids and Structures; Earthquake Engineering; Transportation Engineering and Planning; Transportation Energy and Intelligent Transportation; Air Transportation Engineering and Management.
Intended starting date: August 1, 2018
Each applicant should hold a doctoral degree in civil engineering or a highly related field by the starting date, demonstrate interests and expertise in inter-disciplinary research and passion on undergraduate and graduate teaching.
Applicants must provide the following materials:
1. A cover letter;
2. Application for Faculty Position form;
3. A curriculum vitae that states academic and work experience, expertise, list of publications, and possible courses to be offered;
4. A statement of research plans for the next five years (6 pages maximum);
5. A copy of the official doctorate degree certificate, if available;
6. A copy of the transcript of graduate studies (if applicants are applying for an assistant professor position);
7. Contact information of 3 to 5 references;
8. A list of publications;
9. One representative technical paper published between August 1, 2013, and August 1, 2018 and at most five selected technical papers published between August 1, 2011, and August 1, 2018.
Applicants should submit a post-mailed application package to Dr. Shang-Hsien Hsieh, Professor and Chairman, Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University, No. 1 Roosevelt Road Sec. 4, Taipei 10617, Taiwan. Electronic files of items 2, 7, and 8 in Word format and the rest in PDF should also be submitted to Ms. Min-Hsuan Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is January10, 2018.
Form of faculty applicants’ brief Data